Kerameikos Metaxourgeio: 13 actions in 12 months
In terms of formulating a general framework regarding ΚΜ, residents, organizations, professionals and property owners of the KM area, 13 proposals that can activate the area in 12 months. These proposals have been circulated to relevant bodies.
1. Introduction of a process by the Municipality of Athens and EAXA (Unification of Athens’ Archaeological Sites SA) for the attraction and evaluation of architectural and other propositions towards the improvement of the public space.
2. Introduction of a specific program for the utilization and management of listed buildings in the City Center.
3. Redesigning Kerameikos street and mild redesign of Salaminos street, in conjunction with the promotion of Dimosio Sima and other archaeological finds in KM, and linking the Kerameikos archaeological Cemetary found to the Southeast of KM to the Academy of Plato found to the Northwest of KM.
4. Competition for the reuse of the now derelict IKA (Social Security building) found on Peiraios and Myllerou streets, with a view to re energize a focal point of the KM revival.
5. Enactment of tax and other incentives to promote housing and young creative businesses in the KM.
6. Utilization of European funding tools for urban development, such as the JESSICA program (Sustainable development for urban areas) in KM.
7. Improve of the security conditions in the neighborhood.
8. Strict implementation of land use in the area, possible update of Zoning Laws if necessary.
9. Inclusion of the KM area in the program Athens Attica 2014 and in Athens 2020 Master Plan.
10. Redesign and final formation of Avdi Square and re-installation of the only permanent playground in the area.
11. Immediate construction of the already designed kindergarten and municipal nursery buildings
12. The diversion of supralocal bus lines from within the area.
13. The implementation of measures for controlled parking